Ambassador: a person who acts as a representative or promotor of a specified activity.
Proposed actions for various groups:
- Promote the success of your arts students. Tell the stories of their triumphs and acts of creation all the time. All. The. Time.
- Represent the body, the container for the whole person, in every interaction.
- Proactively care for yourself, gratefully acknowledging what your body has done for you and how far your spirit has soared. Reminder: an inch is still an admirable distance.
Advocate: Publicly recommend or support.
Proposed actions for all groups:
- Tell the stories with the support of data and anecdotal evidence.
- Understand the greater landscape so you can hold up your experience to that of the others with perspective, relevance, and specificity.
- Gather the others.
Advocacy works best if we have been a present and vocal ambassador all along.
Change starts with us and ripples out. What are you seeking to change?
I can help you connect to yourself, to others, and to big ideas. Transformation happens in community.
Definitions from the New Oxford American Dictionary.