Our bodies contain our experiences. When we move and make, we process our experiences to create meaning. These are pathways to transformation which lead to a life of quality. I help people connect with themselves, others, and to global ideas and communities. I assist people who want to feel safe and empowered in their physicality and those who know that somatic engagement is a critical component to learning, healing, and leading.
Connect to yourself: Use movement to rehearse real life.
- Movement study workshops in self-compassion, listening and asserting, resilience, journeying, and more.
- Functional movement to support inner strength.
Connect to others: Let’s develop the staying power your audience needs in order to learn, grow, heal, and lead.
- Interpersonal and engagement coaching for teachers, therapists, and professionals:
- Lead your students in social-emotional learning;
- Create the bridge for therapy clients to enter somatic therapy practices,
- Enlivening professional conversations will lead you to better work and bring you better clients.
- Best practices in movement education, arts education, and assessment.
Connect to big ideas: Join community of seekers moving toward wholeness.
- 1:1 coaching for developing your dynamic, emotionally intelligent work.
- Nimble Body Book Club: moving bodies, minds, and ideas forward.
“You are the smartest, most fun teacher, ever!” -Violet D.
Art and Science drive my work. Each class, course, workshop, and presentation I design takes the participant from function to articulation to meaning to expression.
I subscribe to inclusive and compassionate philosophies, which means I :
- Create a welcoming environment for all bodies and abilities,
- Promote health at every size,
- Encourage the teachers I train to be themselves, in their own movement vocabulary and not imitations of my work.
“Whenever I am able to move with Heather, I am overwhelmed by the quality of presence that she brings to her work which manifests in a judgement free space for everyone.” -Tiffany T.
Copyright 2019 HVS Movement Studies