HVS_MovementStudies represents my work with individuals, groups, organizations in addition to inquiry-based, experiential workshops and performances I direct with a collective of professional dance/teaching artists.
Movement-based Mindfulness ™ uses pilates and somatic dance to guide people in reconnecting with themselves, the joy and potential of movement, and to rehearse options and decisions related to real life.
Participants have described my sessions as “affirming”, “supportive”, “rigorous”, and “safe.” The word most commonly used is “wonderful.”
Contact me if the following hold true for you:
- You want to experience a new normal and move toward your potential in movement and in life.
- You want the benefits of yoga but may or may not enjoy a yoga class.
- You are a movement educator who wants more tools in helping clients or students feel comfortable, make measurable growth, and take ownership of their progress.
- You are an Education Professional who wants more tools for interactive presentation, enduring understandings for your students/participants, arts assessment, and quality feedback.
- You are interested in using movement as a method for inquiry and research.
Contact me to book: email@example.com, (517) 449.9068
- Mondays 12:30-1:30pm, Balance and Core
- Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm Private Group with Equipment w/ HVS
- Fridays 1:00-2:00pm Chair-based Pilates w/ HVS
Private sessions available. Contact HVS to register for classes & privates.
Events and Presentations
January 26-March 1, 2020 Rooted Counseling, Somatic Dance Movement, 1-2pm on Sundays at the Bailey Center in East Lansing, MI
January 30, 2020 Balancing Michigan’s Assessment System through Performance Assessment- Facilitated Discussion among Michigan Educators, Michigan Assessment Consortium’s Assessment Literacy Network, The University Club, East Lansing, MI.
February 11 and 12, 2020 Michigan Schools Testing Conference, Ann Arbor, MI
February 26, 2020 MAEIA Overview, Flint, MI
February 2020, Arts Integration Residency, Lansing Schools, Dwight Rich Visual and Performing Arts Magnet, Lansing, MI
March 11-13, 2020 Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL), Grand Rapids, MI
March 2020, Arts Integration Residency, Williamston Schools, MI
April 20, 2020 Great Lakes Bay Region Arts Network, Movement-based Mindfulness for K-12 Arts Educators, Midland, MI
June 22-July 31, 2020 MAEIA Institute, virtual experience
June 24, 2020 MAEIA Re-Ignite annual meeting, Lansing, MI
July 10-11, 2020 McEntire Summit, Rochester, MI